1st Relationships is the mental health treatment program designed for children and their families provided by Christian Counseling Service (CCS). 1st Relationsips focuses on the relational and emotional well-being of children through assessments, treatment, care, and education. All services are based on the best practice standards and utilize evidence-based models. CCS is an interfaith organization and welcomes all persons.
Help your child cope with the stresses of life. Ease your stress and enjoy a more satisfying bond with your child. We help parents with kids that:
- are aggressive, who hit, throw things and express great anger.
- have frequent tantrums or are unable to regulate emotions
- are defiant or refuse to follow directions
- have problems in school settings.
Children & Family Programs
- SART/EIIS – Screening, Assessment, Referrals and Treatment – Programs funded through the Department of Behavioral Health to provide early identification and treatment for children 0-5 in need of specialized mental health treatment.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Specialists who work from DIR/Floortime/PlayProject modalities.
- Cognitive-Behavioral Treatment (CBT)
- Treatment for victims of trauma (EMDR)
- Infant and new mother support and treatment – Watch, Wait & Wonder
- Parent-Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT)
- Parent Education and Support
- Play Therapy
Who Can Benefit?
- Children, Adolescents or Teens who are having difficulty in school
- Children with difficult or disruptive behaviors
- Children who are on the Autistic Spectrum or have difficulties with self regulation, such as ADHD
- Families who have experienced a crisis or loss
- Children who have experienced a trauma
- Victims of sexual abuse/assault